Chinese Language and Cultural Studies Minor
Coordinator: HaiLin Zhou, Ph.D.
Office Location: Gary Hall Rm. 036
Telephone: (610) 519-6302
The Chinese Language and Cultural Studies program opens the way to the study of various elements of Chinese life. Chinese Language and Cultural Studies includes the rich heritage of novels, short stories, poetry, culinary art, film and the Chinese classics. Chinese Language and Cultural Studies represents a cutting-edge intellectual experience that provides its minors with a real advantage in critiquing, understanding, and navigating the global landscape.
MINOR (28 credits or 6 courses)
The Chinese Language and Cultural Studies minor is open to all students and requires 6 courses (28 credits), four courses in language and two in electives.
- Other culture-based courses with ASN attribute found across disciplines also qualify for the cultural studies elective.
- Advanced Chinese (CHI 1131) course and the Translation (CHI 1151) course may count as electives if the student has fulfilled the required language courses.
- Pertinent GIS team-taught courses and contents courses from other departments with ASN (Chinese) attribute also qualify for CHI electives.
- Courses on Chinese/China taken as part of a study abroad will be counted.
- An internship related to Chinese Studies may be counted as an independent study.