Withdrawal from a Course

Until the final day for authorized withdrawal from courses, (for an exact date, see the academic calendar), a student may withdraw from a course without penalty and will receive the grade of "WX." After that date, a student seeking authorized withdrawal without penalty must petition the Dean of his or her college, who has sole authority to grant withdrawals without penalty.  

Note that withdrawals without permission will receive a "W" grade, which is calculated as an "F" in computing one's quality point average.